California's Premier Litigation Firm
Callahan & Blaine is California's Premier Litigation Firm. Callahan & Blaine is a more than 20 attorney litigation firm based in Santa Ana, California. Established in 1984, Callahan & Blaine specializes in complex litigation of all types, including catastrophic personal injury, insurance bad faith and complex business litigation, predominantly on the plaintiff's side.
Callahan & Blaine has had unparalleled success in obtaining record-breaking verdicts and settlements in diverse and wide-ranging areas of litigation. Callahan & Blaine is recognized nationally for winning the most complex and difficult cases. Among the record-breaking results that Callahan & Blaine has achieved are the following:
- The highest jury verdict in Orange County history, $934 million.
- The highest personal injury settlement in United States history, $50 million.
- The third highest personal injury settlement in United States history, $28 million.
- The highest class action settlement in Orange County history, $38 million.
- The highest insurance bad faith judgment in Orange County history, $58 million.
- The highest employment law settlement in Orange County history, $38 million.
Leadership of Callahan & Blaine
Callahan & Blaine is led by its managing partner Daniel J. Callahan. Dan Callahan is known and respected as one of the top trial lawyers in the United States. Dan's honors and accomplishments include the following:
- Dan has been named one of the Top 10 Attorneys in the United States by the National Law Journal.
- Dan has been named a California Lawyer of The Year by California Lawyer magazine.
- Dan has been featured in Best Lawyers of America from 2005 to 2012.
- Dan has been honored as one of the Top 500 Attorneys in the United States by the prestigious Law Dragon 500 publication.
- Dan has been named Business Litigation Trial Attorney of the Year by the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association on several occasions.
- Dan is a frequent speaker and author. He has given hundreds of seminars and speeches and written over 25 articles on numerous trial and litigation topics.
- Dan is featured in Super Lawyers, Outstanding Lawyers of America, Pre-Eminent Lawyers of America and many other publications as one of the premier trial attorneys in the United States. Dan has been named as one of the Top 50 Super Lawyers in Orange County from 2006 to 2012.
Callahan & Blaine also features numerous other highly successful trial attorneys, including Edward Susolik. Ed, who is head of Callahan & Blaine's Insurance Department, specializes in complex business litigation, severe personal injury and the resolution of complex insurance disputes. He has been responsible for many multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements over the years, including recent settlements in the amount of $50 million, $28 million and $10 million. He has recovered over $1 billion on behalf of his clients over the last 18 years. Among numerous other awards and accomplishments, Ed has been named one of the Top 100 Super Lawyers in Southern California for 2010, 2011 and 2012.
History of the Firm
Established in 1984, the civil litigation firm of Callahan & Blaine concentrated on commercial and corporate trial work until we started taking personal injury cases about twelve years ago. Since that time, our lawyers have obtained two of the three biggest personal injury settlements in United States history, and we have won many multimillion-dollar recoveries for personal injury and wrongful death clients. Contact our office in Santa Ana to learn how our litigation methods have made us California's premier litigation firm for personal injury claims.
Callahan & Blaine has been built to achieve outstanding results in civil litigation, no matter what the issue in dispute might happen to be. A good example of the way our complex litigation experience supports our success in personal injury was a catastrophic accident case that we settled for $50 million, the largest reported personal injury settlement in United States history.
We're Not a Traditional Law Firm
We don't operate like many other firms our size. We don't hire recent law school graduates. Rather, every one of our attorneys joined Callahan & Blaine as an experienced and successful trial practitioner. They are then trained and molded for several years into the Callahan & Blaine litigation style: aggressive, thorough, comprehensive and, most of all, WINNING! Each lawyer brings a distinct skill set that enriches and extends our firm's ability to meet client needs. No client trusts important elements of a case to an inexperienced associate at Callahan & Blaine, simply because we don't have any.
Find Out the Benefits of Our Integrated Approach to Accident Litigation
Our personal injury clients benefit from the breadth and depth of our experience in many fields: negligence law, insurance law, products liability, and the highly technical issues that can arise in the proof of damages in a brain injury case or a disabling accident involving a child. We're not only able to make the proof of complex damages claims stand up in the face of highly skilled opposition, we also know how to find the insurance coverage necessary to support the damages we can prove.
Contact Callahan & Blaine in Santa Ana to learn more about working with California's Premier Litigation Firm.